COURSE OUTLINE – day three - SEQUENTIAL ART
Facilitators: Avy, Raghu, Ramanna
LESSON PLAN THREE
9.30 am -12 noon
Looking at different styles - exposure.
1. Ponyo Beginning – working with a variety of forms as props and complementaries.
2. Bill Plympton – 25 ways to quit smoking
3. Intolerance – Phil Mulloy
4. The Political Dr Seuss
12.00- 1 pm – Lunch Break
1.00 pm to 2 pm - Submissions of drawings/5 character caricatures.
Review of the character caricatures.
2.00 pm onwards to 4 pm
1. Ask yourself which animal/insect/bird/other form these characters remind you of and apply this element to the character in terms of form, expression, gesture, etc.
2. Creating a character – choose one of your characters or quickly come up with a character and then (a) draw that character with ten different expressions with different gestures.
Please upload your character with expressions/gestures so others can see what you are upto.
1. Go home and create a 2 or 4 panel cartoon using a couple of characters you have created – pay attention to expressions, gestures and actions.
2. Continue to play with your character in varying postures, expressions, actions, gestures and see if you can put another character alongside the first one reacting, responding.
3. Continue with another 100 gesture drawings and you will see how your drawing is improving by leaps and bounds.