COURSE OUTLINE – day two - SEQUENTIAL ART
Facilitators: Avy, Raghu, Ramanna
LESSON PLAN TWO
9.30 am -10.30 am – Submissions of drawings/Cartoon collections - Looking together at the caricatures and single-frame cartoons.
10.30-10.45 am – Break
10.45 am – 11.50 am - The one-minute caricature (film)
11.50 am -12.30 am – Reading 1 – The Political Cartoon
12.30-1.30 pm – Lunch Break
1.30 pm – 1.45 pm – Discussion on reading, with insights from groups.
1.45pm - 2.05 pm – Narratorial exercise.
2.05 pm to 3 pm – Drawing exercise 1
1. Pick 5 people you know and write a one-sentence description for each of them. (10 minutes)
(Read out a few – 10 minutes)
2. Drawing exercise 1 - Choose a minimum of 2 of these persons and visualize the sentence capturing one expression or gesture that represents them. Choose how to use the body forms. (1 hour)
3. Ask yourself which animal/insect/bird/other form these characters remind you of and apply this element to the character in terms of form, expression, gesture, etc.
1. 100 gesture drawings to be brought in next Friday
2. Do the five characters/caricatures you began (through iterations) and upload them during the week.
3. Try out from your own motivation any single-frame cartoon that you feel is ‘cool’ and your ‘own’. Or see what happens if you rework your prior single-frame cartoon.