- shot of a half-folded newspaper. its in full view. It seems to be lying on a table.- we see a headline, and a large photo of a smallish art gallery under it. The headline talks about the success of a young photographer, and in the photo is the work displayed in the gallery. [full-page frame - page1]
- The camera moves into the photo, the photo becoming the frame this time. It still has a newspaper texture to it. In the photo, there are people seen standing, looking at the work.[frame 1- wide- page2]
- The photo now comes to life (different rendering) and the people have moved a little, to show the same.- they seem to be appreciating the work, some have smiles on their faces as they look at the photos.- the gallery is not very well-lit, but there is enough emphasis on the photos as each one has its own small light bulb looking down at it.[frame 2- wide- page2]
- Now the camera moves, there is change in perspective, and we see a more establishing view of the gallery. Small though it is, the number of people is decently large.-There are some people who are seen with cameras hanging from their shoulders coupled with bags, and they seem to be taking notes.[frame 3- wide- page2]
- the previous frame has moved into a box on the right side of this frame, like an inset, and the reader sees that the frame is now a part of a news bulletin on a TV(7thChannelNews), and the news anchor is talking about the exhibition in the gallery.-he talks: “..and those were images from the Town Art Gallery.. a totally new and fresh style of work there, something thats going to turn heads for a long long time to come..”[frame 1- wide- page3]
- close-up of news anchor, gallery image is out of frame, he is still talking.-he talks: “..and more on sports when we return, but don't forget to tune in tomorrow at 7pm for 7thChannelNews' exclusive live interview with the very talented, now world-famous photographer(her name here,haven't decided) as we talk to her about everything that helped her trace the path to this peak..”[frame 2- wide- page3]
- more zoomed-out view, full view of the TV, it becomes a POV shot now.- a girl's right hand is seen on the right of frame(just the hand with the remote in it), and she has just switched the TV off.[frame 3- wide- page3]
- mid-close shot of the girl, young girl, she is sitting on her couch, her hand is still up in the air, and she looks like she has just woken up. Her hair is a bit messy, and her eyes are half-shut. [frame 4- wide- page3]
- close-up shot of left hand, she looks at the time, its 9:15. in the background there is a coffee table, on which there is a phone and a magazine, but they're slightly out of focus.[frame 1- box- page4]
- same shot, hand is out of frame now, and the magazine and phone are more into the frame and in focus. The magazine is called Photography Today, and on the cover is the same girl.[frame 2- box- page4]
- same shot, hand is back in frame, she is reaching out to the magazine to pick it up.[frame 3- box- page4]
- exact same shot, only the phone is lit up. Someone is calling her.[frame 4- box- page4]
- exact same shot, this time her hand reaches out to the phone. She is picking it up.[frame 5- box- page4]
- close-up of phone, she is holding it, on the screen the text blinks,'7thChannelNews calling..'[frame 6- box- page4]
- mid-close shot of the girl, she has now answered the phone, the background is out of focus.-voice on phone: “Good morning ma'am, I am calling from 7thChannelNews, just to confirm your presence at tomorrow's interview, I hope I am not disturbing..”girl: “No, no. certainly not..” [frame 1- wide- page5]
- mid shot, little more of the room is established, she has turned, her back facing us, she seems to be walking away from camera, still talking on the phone. In the background, on the wall, are framed photos that she has clicked, and there are some tall cabinets, a small, but expensive-looking dining table, and some other additions, overall, it looks like a rich person's apartment.-voice on phone: “..we just wanted to let you know a few things. Your advance amount has been already transferred to your back account, and also, if you could please be present by 6pm here in the studio; we need to brief you about certain things, just the standard procedure..”girl: “yes. Sure. I will definitely be there.”voice on phone: “thank you ma'am, once again, thank you very much. We are indeed very lucky to have you with us tomorrow..”girl: “oh, pleasure's all mine. Thank you. See you then. Bye.”[frame 2- wide- page5]
- long shot, she is reaching out to one of the cabinets to keep her phone on it, her back still facing us. She seems to be moving towards the kitchen area of the big room. More of the room is established. Its a wide angle shot.[frame 3- wide- page5]
- mid shot, she is standing at the kitchen counter. On the counter-top there is a mug of hot coffee, smoke strands are rising from the mug. Her right hand is holding the mug and the left is reaching for it, and she is looking at the mug.[frame 1- vertical rectangular- page6]
- POV shot of hands holding the mug, seen from where she is standing.[frame 2- box- page6]
- POV shot, she has lifted the mug, its dead close to the frame, showing that she is taking a sip from the black coffee.[frame 3- box- page6]
- POV shot, different mug of coffee is put on a table, the hand is of a man's, the color tone suggests the shift to flashback.
-text box pointing away from man: “please uncle, just give me this one more chance. I promise it wont be like the last two times. Please.”[frame 1- box- page7]
- mid-close shot of the girl, she is sitting in some office, she looks tensed, and is leaning a bit forward.-she says: “..this time I promise I wont let you down, because my work is much better this time, and I am much more confident. Please uncle, please understand!”[frame 2- box- page7]
- shot from over girl's shoulder, the man is introduced here. He is sitting across the office table, leaning back into his executive chair. He is dressed in semi-formals.-he says: “..look, sweetheart, I really like your work, I mean..it interests me..but my business has to run. And it cannot run on your promises, love.” .. “..i mean..if I wasn't so close to your father, I probably wouldn't even have given you that second chance in my gallery, you know..”[frame 3- wide- page7]
- shot of newspaper, half-folded, has a headline about the gallery agreeing to let the girl display her photos for the third time.[frame 1- wide- page8]
- same shot, different days' newspaper, has a headline about exhibition opening. [frame 2- wide- page8]
- shot of third newspaper, headline thrashes her work again, for the third time.[frame 3- wide- page8]
- overhead shot, in the office, the man is yelling at the girl.-he says: “i knew this wont work! I feel so foolish! You have yet again embarrassed me, yourself and your father!”[full page- page9]
- mid-long shot of girl in her balcony, the view from the balcony is seen. She is leaning on the railing, pensive. [frame 1- wide- page10]
- same shot, the view is seen again, only this time its almost dark. She is still leaning on the railing, in the same place.[frame 2- wide- page10]
one page gap – after this on the next page, the interview part begins.
- 12 boxed small frames show the build-up to the start of the interview here on page 12. some are establishing shots and some are action shots. The idea is to establish the commotion just before the interview begins.
1.POV close-up of interviewer adjusting his sleeves.
2.close-up of someone's hands holding the panning rod of the camera.
3.close-up of the interviewer's neck, with the handkerchief tucked into his collar.
4.close-up of the boom rod that records the sound.
5.close-up of the front of camera, with the prompter on the top.
6.mid-close shot of cameraman adjusting focus on the camera.
7.close-up of interviewer, he has worn his coat. Front shot.
8.close-up shot of glass of water kept on the small table on set.
9.POV close-up of someone looking at a yellow notepad full of questions and plans.
10.mid-close shot of guy next to cameraman showing 'three' on his fingers.
11.POV shot of same guy showing 'two', with his left hand, on the right is the girl in the distance, she is sitting, ready. She is also out of focus.
12.POV shot of interviewer, he sees the guy next to the cameraman point at him.
- shot of a TV in some random living room, not much of the room is seen. On the TV is the same anchor who was there in the beginning pages of the comic. He is talking.-he says: “good evening and welcome to 7thChannelNews' exclusive, live interview of one of the most famous things that walks the earth today!..”[frame 1- wide- page13]
- long shot of a street, camera is outside an electronics shop, and there are quite a few TVs on display, stacked up on each other. All of them are showing the same interview. The interviewer talks.-he says: “..considered the world's number one potential for best photographer, this girl has exceeded all her limits, broken all the rules, crossed all boundaries, and has emerged with a fresh mind and style, that is evident in all the exhibits of her work all over the world..”[frame 2- wide- page13]
- mid-close shot of a monitor which is on the left of frame. In the monitor we see the interviewer talking. On the right of frame, in the distance and out of focus, is the girl, sitting and waiting.-he says: “..so without further ado..please allow me to present to you...”[frame 3- wide- page13]
- long shot of set where interview is happening. The two people are finally revealed.-he says her name with a lot of excitement.[frame 1- wide- page14]
- mid-close shot of interviewer. He is on frame left. He is leaning back and sitting.-he says: “..people want to know the story of your journey to the top, and of course, how it feels, to be known as the best photographer in the world?”[frame 2- wide- page14]
- mid-close shot of the girl. She is on frame right. She is leaning back and sitting too.-she says, smiling: “..well I don't think I am the best, yet, and as far as my story goes, well, its a really really long one, so I am gonna try and put it together in short for everyone..”[frame 3- wide- page14]
- mostly POV-type shots showing puzzle pieces coming together, the camera seems to be zooming out from the center of the puzzle to finally show the full thing coming together. The pieces themselves have images and text showing the things she describes in the interview to explain her story.-she says: “..think of it as a puzzle I had to put together..”-close-up shot of one puzzle piece, the center of the whole thing.-mid-close shot showing four more pieces placed around it, some joined to it, some scattered.-mid-long shot revealing the border of the puzzle, shown by three corner pieces defining the frame of the puzzle.-mid-long shot showing puzzle with three pieces missing, and one hand holding one of the pieces above it.-long shot showing one piece in hand, and one place left in the puzzle below.-long, overhead shot showing the whole puzzle complete, and the girl will be in the frame, looking up at the camera.[frames 1 to 6- boxes - page15]
- over-the-shoulder(girl's) shot. Interviewer is seen smiling, leaning a bit forward and sitting now.-he says: “wow. So, without wasting anymore time I want to ask you, and so do a lot of people..”[frame 1- box- page16]
- close-up of interviewer's face. He is leaning forward.-he says: “..how did you do it?whats this key technique behind the brilliant photographs?..”[frame 2- box- page16]
- mid-shot of girl. She is leaning back. She has a grave look on her face.-she says: “..if I tell you ill have to kill you..”[frame 3- wide- page16]
- mid-shot of girl again, same shot. She is still leaning back. This time she is smiling.-she says: “..I am kidding..”[frame 4- wide- page16]
- over-the-shoulder(interviewer's) shot. Girl is talking.-she says: “..to be honest with you, it happened completely by accident..”[frame 1- wide- page17]
- girl's POV shot(through the viewfinder). She seems to be looking for some kinda interesting frame.-she says(voice-over): “..i was trying to click something interesting, in my kitchen, at some random hour of the night..”[frame 2- wide- page17]
- girl's POV shot. Her right hand is seen putting the camera on the kitchen counter-top. The gesture shows a little anger.-she says(voice-over): “..but I couldn't find a good frame, so I slammed my camera down on in anger..”[frame 3- wide- page17]
- same shot as previous frame, only this time a photo has been taken by accident.-she says(voice-over): “..and I didn't realize that my hand was on the shutter-release button, and it got clicked..”[frame 4- wide- page17]
- girl's POV shot. Inside dark room. Her hands are seen dipped in a small tub, and a sheet of photo-paper in it with a half-developed photo.-she says(voice-over): “..when I developed it, I loved the result, so I decided to take that route, and leave the results to chance..”[frame 5- wide- page17]
- mid-close shot of her camera. The viewfinder is taped up.-she says(voice-over): “..and all this work is a result of not looking into the viewfinder before clicking..”[frame 6- wide- page17]
- close-up of interviewer's face. He is still leaning forward. He has a grave look on his face.[frame 1- vertical long- page18]
- mid shot of interviewer. He is now leaning back into his chair, adjusting his jacket. He bursts out laughing.-he says: “hahaha! You sure know how to get away smoothly! Haha! That was a good one!”[frame 2- vertical long- page18]
- low-angle mid shot of interviewer. He is leaning back, has a smile on his face, and he looks confident. He is about to put forward the final question of the interview.-he says: “..but before we close, I have one last question to ask you..”[frame 3- vertical long- page18]
- low-angle close-up of interviewer's face. He seems to be leaning forward, as if coming with an attack.-he says: “..your style seems to be getting repetitive and boring..” .. “..our statistics show that people are already starting to reduce in number in your exhibitions..” .. “..what is your plan?..”[frame 4- vertical long- page18]
- close-up of girl's lower half of face. She is smiling, but it looks like its getting wiped off.[frame 1- box- page19]
- same shot. This time the smile has been totally wiped off. She is now uncomfortable.[frame 2- box- page19]
- close-up of girl's hands. They are showing complete discomfort.[frame 3- box- page19]
- close-up of one hand picking up the glass of water in front of her.[frame 4- box- page19]
- close-up of lower half of face, she is sipping on the water.[frame 5- box- page19]
- same shot. This time she is wiping her mouth with a tissue.[frame 6- box- page19]
- over-the-shoulder(interviewer's) shot. Girl has the smile back on her face, she seems to have regained control.-she says: “..well you see, where I am, is because I did not plan it..”[frame 1- vertical long- page20]
- mid-close shot of girl. She is now leaning forward, almost counter-attacking.-she says: “..and this one, im gonna leave like that too..”[frame 2- vertical long- page20]
- close-up of her face. She is almost determined, with a smirk on her face.-she says: “..its all a matter of chance..”[frame 3- vertical long- page20]
- close-up of interviewer's face. He is smiling. Like he knew this was gonna be her answer. The frame looks a little different. Looks like its in a TV.[frame 1- wide- page21]
- long shot. Camera seems to have zoomed out. The interviewer is looking in the girl's direction. Girl is looking at him, smiling.-he says: “..well, its been great talking to you..we hope that you keep doing such brilliant work and we wish you all the very best for the future..” .. “..thank you for being with us today.”-she says: “..thank you.”[frame 2- wide- page21]
- camera has zoomed out even more. We're back with the shot of the TV in the living room. And the TV has just been switched off, exactly like on page 3 of the comic.[frame 3- wide- page21]
one page gap – the interview part ends here.
- mid-close shot of coffee table. There is a coffee mug kept on it. Girl's right hand is seen keeping the remote down on the table. - thought box: “fuck.”[frame 1- wide- page23]
- close-up shot of remote. Her finger is seen scratching the power button of the remote. This will have three shots of the same thing. Basically one wide frame divided into three box frames. By the third frame the print on the power button is scratched off a little. - thought box: “..what the hell was I thinking?!”[frame2- wide/3- page23]
- POV shot of coffee mug. Its half-full. She is holding it in her hand, looking at it. - thought box: “chance!? How can I leave something like this to chance!? I cant!” .. “..fuck. I need to do something quick..” .. “..before it all fades off..”[frame 3- wide- page23]
- overhead shot of girl lying on her bed. Mid shot. She cant sleep. She is frowning in her sleep.[frame 1- wide- page24]
- same shot, this time she has turned to the opposite direction. She seems uncomfortable, tensed.[frame 2- wide- page24]
- mid shot from side of the bed. She is facing the camera, still eyes closed, but uncomfortable.[frame 3- wide- page24]
- same shot, this time she has opened her eyes. There is a lot of tension in them.[frame 4- wide- page24]
- top-angle close-up shot of her hand turning a page in a book. There is something written on the page.[frame 1- vertical long- page25]
- Top-angle mid-close shot. She is on her bed. Sitting. There are books lying in front of her, some opened, some closed. On all the books the same line is written and is repeated many times, it says, 'have to find a solution in here.'[frame 2- vertical long- page25]
- top-angle long shot. The books look more scattered. She looks more crazy. Behind her on the clock it says 2:13AM.[frame 3- vertical long- page25]
- mid-close shot of hands, she is cropping some photo with a pen knife in the dark room. -thought box: “..why is this eating me up so much? nothing has even happened!”[frame 1- wide- page26]
- close-up of face. She looks angry. And crazy. - thought box: “..i need to get rid of this shit somehow. Its slowing me down. 3 days and I haven't even moved from this damned house!”[frame 2- box- page26]
- POV shot. Mid-close shot. She has stopped cropping the photo. She is holding the pen knife in her hand. But her focus is on the things lying next to the photo. Her camera, some rolls and another few pen knives are lying there. -thought box: “i need a solution. I need a step forward. Otherwise they're gonna put me down. Again. Otherwise they..”[frame 3- box- page26]
- close-up shot of her tightening her fist around the pen knife.[frame 4- box- page26]
- close up of eyes. They are wide. Anger and realization in them, as if she has found the solution.[frame 5- wide- page26]
- close-up shot of her hand. She is putting her camera on the tripod.[frame 1- box- page27]
- close-up shot of camera. She is behind it, about to look into the viewfinder.[frame 2- box- page27]
- POV shot. Through the viewfinder. The bed can be seen. Its a decently composed photo.[frame 3- box- page27]
- close-up shot of camera. She is attaching something to the top of the camera. It has a wire[frame 4- box- page27]
- POV mid-shot. Camera can be seen in the distance, little out of focus. The wire coming out of it is ending in her hand. She has a switch in her hand.[frame 5- box- page27]
- POV mid-close shot of her hand putting the switch on the bed.[frame 6- box- page27]
- mid-long shot. She is sitting on the edge of her bed, her elbows are resting on her knees. Within this frame there is a close-up frame of her hand. She is holding the pen knife in her hand,still.[frame 1- wide with box close-up frame- page28]
- POV shot. She is looking down at her hands. She is holding one pen knife in each hand.[frame 2- wide- page28]
- this frame is cut diagonally into half. Close-up shot of eyes closed, a tear falling down from one eye. Other half of frame is a close up of fists tightening around the pen knives.[frame 3- wide/2- page28]
- low-angle mid-long shot of girl still sitting on bed but looking up, hands clutching the bed-sheet. The knives are on the floor and are blood-stained. And her eyes are bleeding. Within this frame there are two box frames of her stabbing her eyes and taking the knives back out, with blood oozing out.[full bleed frame+2 box close-up frames- page29]
one page gap.
- overhead mid-long shot of girl lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Half her head is cut out of frame.[frame 1- wide- page31]
- frame goes into inset. And we see the same guy who took the interview. He looks shocked. And he is talking. -he says: “..and those images you are seeing are straight from her house..she was found unconscious, but is now totally out of danger..”[frame 2- wide- page31]
- camera zooms out. There are more TVs. Stacked up on top of each other. The interviewer is still talking. -he says: “..she has of course lost her sight..there is a roll that has been found..which has been developed..it has..and you will not believe it..” .. “but it has self-portraits she had clicked after she did that gruesome thing to herself..”[frame 3- wide- page31]
- camera zooms out even more. Its a long shot of an electronics shop from outside the street. -he says: “..her well-wishers and friends have decided to put up all those self-portraits in the Town Art Gallery. The manager of the gallery says he is more than honored. The exhibition opens Monday, and our prayers are with her..”[frame 4- wide- page31]
- shot of a wall. There are about 4-5 portraits hung on the wall. They are all self-portraits of the girl after she blinded herself.[frame 1- wide- page32]
- camera is zooming out. More of the gallery is seen. People are standing looking at the portraits. Some are taking notes too.[frame 2- wide- page32]
- camera zooms out even more, to show outside of gallery. Shot is from the street. There are people lined up outside too. Only this time, the frame looks like its a photo in a newspaper.[frame 3- wide- page32]
- shot of a half-folded newspaper. its in full view. It seems to be lying on a table. The photo is now part of it. -headline says: 'Blind photographer's stunt gets her World Photographer of the Year.'[full-page frame - page33]
[sorry i know i am a bit late with the script. but i have started the thumbnails. will put that up very very soon, i promise.]